Monday, July 28, 2014

A Time of Remembrance

There are some days where it is a blessing to have facebook but others when I wish I had never signed up.  Today is one of those days.  I unplugged from facebook for the weekend thinking I could catch up with everyone today.  The first thing I see when I open facebook is seeing that someone I knew and loved had passed from this life to Heaven.  Though I knew it was coming, I didn't want to find out through facebook.  Today I found out about a classmates sister passing away as well as a dear friend and coworker.  Why is facebook the place to announce these things?

Yesterday marked the 14th anniversary of the death of a young lady so full of life.  It feels like yesterday that accident happened.  She was attending college to become a RN.  She loved God and His people!  She was such a joy to know.  She always had a smile on her face.  She was 19 years old.  She was just out rollerblading and was hit by a truck.  Such a sad story but an accident none the less.  God was already working in and through her.

God had a plan for her grandpa, age 91, to meet her again on the anniversary of her death.  It was no coincidence that it was the same day 14 years apart or that she was 19 and he was 91.  I can picture them dancing in Heaven together.  Both happy and complete.

Though our hearts break when we lose a loved one we usually have the hope of seeing them again in Heaven.  

If you or a loved one are not a believer, please take a moment to look at these verses.





Here is a great place to look these up.  I would recommend the New Living Translation (NLT) or New International Version (NIV) for those that don't usually read the bible.  I prefer the New King James Version (NKJV).


I love both of these websites!  I'll be praying for all who read this post.  God Bless!

No comments: