Friday, August 1, 2014

Taking Time to Breathe

Have you ever felt so overwhelmed that you just needed to step back and take a deep breath?  That's the point I am at.  I'm taking that step back and just living life.  I'm logging off of facebook for a while so I can enjoy my family and what is left of summer.  My to-do list may be too long to accomplish in my last month off of work but even if everything doesn't get done I'm not going to have any regrets because I will be spending priceless time with my daughters and husband.

What do you like to do when you have down time?  I love to read and work on my many craft projects.  I've recently decided to get in on the latest buzz of re-purposing.  If I had known things from my childhood would be labeled as "vintage" now I would never have thrown some of those things.  I'm only 36 years old.  I guess my definition of vintage is not the same as many others.  I do have to admit though...in my teenage years I loved the show "From Trash to Treasure".  I even had a couple of books that guided me as I changed what some would call trash into new treasures for myself or a gift for someone else.  

Both reading and working on my crafting projects help me to relax and clear my head.  Reading the Bible and taking walks also help me.  I tend to meditate on His word quite a bit during the day.  He wants us to hide His word in our hearts.  When we don't have the Bible in our hands to read we rely on His word that we have stored in our hearts.  I carry a scripture keeper in my purse.  It contains several different verses that I haven't memorized yet.  It comes in handy for when I am sitting in my car waiting for my kids or when I just have time to kill.

Here is a picture of the one I purchased from Etsy.


I'll be praying for each of you that reads this.  May God bless you with and through His word!

Psalm 119:11New King James Version (NKJV)

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.

No comments: