Friday, October 24, 2014

A Place to Hide

Have you ever had a day start off with fighting kids and you wanting to find a place to hide?  A place of solace and quiet?  That was how my day started today.  

As a young girl I lived in apartments.  I lived in an apartment building all my life until I met my husband.  I always dreamed of having my own tree house or playhouse but since I lived in an apartment building that was not something I could ever have.  Now being a home owner and a mother of two, there are days I wish I had a place to escape for a little while to have some peace and quiet and spend quality time with God.

On my wish list I would love to have a little place in our back yard where I could go year-round (so it would need to have a heater and air conditioner) to have my own space.  Am I too old to have my own playhouse?  My ideal space would look like a shed on the outside and a comfortable one room space on the inside.  I can picture either a chaise lounger or an oversized recliner in there with a small table beside it where I could place my study materials.  I'd also love to bring out a cd player to put on some soothing/calming music.  Book shelves would also be a must.




Either of these would be nice and simple.  Of course my choice of colors or stains probably wouldn't match either of these.  Have you ever longed for a small space to call your own?  Somewhere nobody would bug you if even for just 30 minutes?  I used to say it was my bathroom but since the girls have been able to walk and talk, I couldn't go in there and not have a hand under the door or someone knocking on the door.  Though I love these days, I just want somewhere to cry or scream and not have someone look at me like I may be losing it or having a nervous breakdown.  I don't even have a closet to go into.  

Matthew 6:5-6New King James Version (NKJV) 
The Model Prayer 
5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place;and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

These verses tell us to go into a room and shut the door and pray to our Father in Heaven.  Even when Jesus walked the earth He took time away from everything and everyone.  He urges us to be alone with Him too.

No comments: